Hello Crafty Lovelies and welcome back! Thanks so much for stopping by today to check out my post featuring the new Pinpoint Starlet Emboss and Cut folder from Simon’s latest release, Dream Big. There’s an Instagram Hop going on over there with lots of chances to win a $25 gift card to Simon’s store. You don’t want to miss out on that! So, let’s go through the details for this one!
For this project, I opted to use just the center cut portion of this folder, so I cut it thirteen times from Neenah Classic Crest 110lb cardstock, and pulled out a bunch of Distress Oxide Sprays and sprayed each piece a different color. I’ll list all of the supplies at the end, if you’re interested in what I used.
Once all the pieces were dry, I pulled out a few Tim Holtz stamp sets and stamped on all of the pieces using Ranger Archival Jet Black ink. For the sentiment, I used the SSS The World Needs and cut that three times from black cardstock and adhered all of them together using liquid glue.
My background paper is from 49 and Market and the pack is just gorgeous! I trimmed this piece down using the PFS Diagonal Stitched Rectangles, splattered it using Royal Talens Oxide Black Acrylic Ink and began the assembly process. I began by gluing the colored pieces along the left side of the panel in rainbow order, of course, in a step sort of way, and I glued the sentiment to the right side.
I felt like it needed something else, so I added a black butterfly to tie in all of the black elements going on, and trimmed off the excess. The panel was then adhered to a black panel using SSS Dot Tape Runner before being adhered to the card base in the same way.
That wraps this one up! To be honest, I worked on so many different ideas with these pieces, and none of them were thrilling me, until I came up with this step idea. I’m still not in love with it, but I kind of like it. Anyhoo, thanks for stopping by today! Head on over and check out the Instagram Hop going on, and comment along the hop for your chance to win a gift card! Have a wonderful day and don’t forget to stay awesome!
- SSS Pinpoint Starlet Emboss & Cut
- SSS The World Needs
- SSS Dot Tape Runner
- Distress Oxide Sprays: Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar, Saltwater Taffy, Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber, Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio, Broken China, Speckled Egg, Wilted Violet
- Tim Holtz Stamp Sets: Mini Media Marks, Glitch 1, Glitch 2, Documented
- PFS Diagonal Stitched Rectangles
- Ranger Archival Jet Black Ink
- Sizzix Scribbly Butterflies
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Cardstock
- Black Cardstock
- 49 and Market Viken Cardstock (Not an affiliate link)
- Royal Talens Oxide Black Acrylic Ink (Not an affiliate link)
- Bearly Art Glue
- Spellbinders Platinum 6
* Affiliate links used at no cost to you. Thanks so much for your support!
- Simon Says Stamp Hello Horizon
- Simon Says Stamp Sorry for Your Loss
- Simon Says Stamp Rainbow Pieces
- Simon Says Stamp Beachy Horizon
- Simon Says Stamp Birthday Floral