Simon Says Stamp Hello Horizon
Hello Friends and welcome back! I’m glad you stopped by to check out today’s project featuring the new On the Horizon set from Simon’s latest release, Dream Big. I’ve had a lot of fun with this release making my own backgrounds and ink blending, and today’s project was another fun one! Let’s get into the details!
To begin this project, I trimmed a panel of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb cardstock and did some ink blending on it using Distress Oxide inks in Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade and Seedless Preserves. These colors really yielded a nice desert sunset scene in my opinion. Anyhoo, once the ink blending was complete, I used the PFS Diagonal Stitched Rectangles to trim it down, and spritzed it to get some water drop marks for added interest.
Once that was dry, I stamped some of the desert elements from the SSS On the Horizon set using VersaFine Onyx Black ink and heat set it using Ranger Clear Embossing Powder. I repeated that process twice to get a smoother finish on the embossing.
I used the hello sentiment, which is from the SSS Handlettered Greetings set, and die cut that twice from black cardstock and adhered them together using liquid glue. It was then glued directly to the panel, trimming off any excess.
Before adhering the panel to the card base using SSS Dot Tape Runner, I did give it a light splatter using Royal Talens Oxide Black Acrylic Ink.
And that does it for this one! I liked this particular sentiment with this card, because it kind of reminded me of a rope that a cowboy might use in the desert. Maybe that’s a weird thought, I don’t know. I can’t explain how my brain works most of the time! Thanks again for stopping by and don’t forget to swing by the website and check out the entire Dream Big release! Have yourself a fabulous day and as always, stay awesome!
- SSS On the Horizon
- SSS Handlettered Greetings
- SSS Dot Tape Runner
- Distress Oxide Inks: Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Seedless Preserves
- PFS Diagonal Stitched Rectangles
- VersaFine Onyx Black Ink
- Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Cardstock
- Black Cardstock
- Bearly Art Glue
- Royal Talens Oxide Black Acrylic Ink (Not an affiliate link)
- Anti-Static Powder Tool
- Scor Buddy
- Spellbinders Platinum 6
* Affiliate links used at no cost to you. Thanks so much for your support!
- Simon Says Stamp Elegant Birthday
- Simon Says Stamp Painted Rainbow Birthday
- Simon Says Stamp Dreamy Daisy Birthday
- Honeycomb and Triangle Birthday
- Simon Says Stamp Black Eyed Susans Birthday