Hello! Hello! I hope you’re having a wonderful day! I appreciate you stopping by to check out my post featuring new goodies from Simon Says Stamp’s latest release, And Back Again! Today’s project is featuring the new XL Love Greetings. I love this set so much, and have enjoyed playing with it. Of course, I had to order the coordinating die set, because, duh, I needed it! Anyhoo, let’s jump right into the details!
I started this project by doing some ink blending on a panel of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb cardstock using the SSS Stylized Butterfly Stencil. I needed rainbow colors, so I reached for Distress Oxide inks in Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron and Broken China. Once I was done ink blending, I fussy cut the butterfly wings.
Then, I used the SSS Stylized Butterfly die to trim the butterfly wings twice from Neenah 110lb, and I trimmed the body from black cardstock. I adhered all of the pieces together, leaving the outside of the wings free-flowing so that I could zhoosh them up. I set the butterfly pieces aside while I worked on the remainder of the card.
I die cut some leaves using the SSS Privet Branch and lightly ink blended those using the remainder of the ink on my blending brush. I wanted just a small hint of color on those. I trimmed a panel of Neenah 110lb using the PinkFresh Studio Diagonal Stitched Rectangles and adhered the leaves atop that using liquid glue.
I stamped the sentiment, which is from the new SSS XL Love Greetings set using VersaFine Onyx Black ink and heat embossed that using Ranger Clear Embossing Powder. I stamped it a second time using VersaMark ink and embossed again using the same powder. By embossing twice, it gives it a much nicer, smoother finish. Once that was done, I had to fussy cut the sentiment, hence purchasing the coordinating die set!
The butterfly was glued to the center of the panel and the sentiment was adhered just below that using foam tape for dimension. This panel was then adhered to a black panel using SSS Dot Tape Runner, before being adhered to the card base. I added some iridescent confetti to finish up!
Super fun card to make! I hope you enjoyed it, and I hope it inspires you to get crafty! Stop by and check out the entire And Back Again, and let me know your favorites! Thanks again for stopping by, and don’t forget to stay awesome!
- SSS XL Love Greetings Stamp, Die, Bundle
- SSS Stylized Butterfly Die, Stencil and Die Bundle
- SSS Stylized Butterfly Stencil
- SSS Privet Branch
- SSS Blender Brushes
- SSS Dot Tape Runner
- Distress Oxide Inks: Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron, Broken China
- PinkFresh Studio Diagonal Stitched Rectangles
- VersaFine Onyx Black Ink
- VersaMark Ink
- Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Cardstock
- Black Cardstock
- Tim Holtz Scissors
- Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Confetti
- Bearly Art Glue
- 3M Foam Tape
- Studio Katia Embellishment Wand
- Anti-Static Powder Tool
- Gemini Jr.
* Affiliate links used at no cost to you. Thanks so much for your support!
- Simon Says Stamp You Still Give Me Butterflies
- Simon Says Stamp Hello Friend Snowflakes
- Simon Says Stamp Exotic Vines Hello
- Simon Says Stamp Love Greetings
- Simon Says Stamp Piece of My Heart