Hello Friends and thanks for stopping by! There’s a super fun Instagram Hop going on today to celebrate Simon’s latest release, Let’s Chill! You don’t want to miss it, because there are prizes to be won all along the hop! All you need to do is comment along the way and you could win a $25 gift card to SSS! For today’s card, I’m featuring several new products from this release, so let’s get into the details!
To begin, I stamped the new SSS Retro Tiles background stamp onto a panel of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb cardstock using SSS Pawsitively Saturated Inks in Bubblegum, Cantalope, Seafoam and Lilac. I applied the first color beginning at the top of the stamp and used a blender brush to soften the edges of the ink before stamping. I wiped the stamp clean, and continued with the next color until the panel was full. It’s super important to soften those ink edges with the brush or you’ll end up with hard edges.
Next, I trimmed the panel down using the SSS Chunky A2 Scalloped Rectangles. I set that aside, and began working on the dragonflies. For those, I used the new SSS Delightful Dragonflies set and foiled them using Spellbinders Gold Hot Foil on another panel of Neenah 110. Once done, I trimmed them out using the included die in the set.
For the sentiment, I opted to use the SSS Sending Good Vibes die and cut that once from Polished Gold cardstock and once from Neenah 110lb, while cutting the shadow once from the same white cardstock. I adhered all of those together using liquid glue and placed foam tape on the back. I also placed foam tape on the back of the dragonflies as well.
I determined placement of everything and decided that I could use a few leaves, imagine that! Every card that I make seems to need leaves! Anyhoo, I used the SSS Etched Meadow Flower and Leaves and cut three leaves and tucked them under the sentiment before adhering it, along with the dragonflies. The panel was then adhered to the card base using SSS Dot Tape Runner to finish up.
That finishes this one up! I hope you enjoyed it, and I hope it inspires you to get crafty! Don’t forget to head over to Instagram to join the hop for your chance to win a $25 gift card! Who doesn’t love prizes, am I right?! Thanks again for stopping by! Have a wonderful day and stay awesome!
- SSS Retro Tiles Background Stamp
- SSS Delightful Dragonflies
- SSS Sending Good Vibes
- SSS Chunky A2 Scalloped Rectangles
- SSS Pawsitively Saturated Inks: Bubblegum, Cantalope, Seafoam, Lilac
- SSS Etched Meadow Flower and Leaves
- SSS Blender Brushes, New Detail Round, New Detail Flat
- SSS Dot Tape Runner
- Spellbinders Gold Hot Foil
- Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System
- Spellbinders Platinum 6
- Tonic Polished Gold Cardstock
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Cardstock
- Bearly Art Glue
- 3M Foam Tape
- Tim Holtz Scissors
* Affiliate links used at no cost to you. Thanks so much for your support!
- Simon Says Stamp Dragonfly Vibes
- Simon Says Stamp Sunshine Crocus
- Simon Says Stamp Sunshine Medallion
- Simon Says Stamp Graceful Butterfly
- Spellbinders Stylized Birthday