Hello and welcome back! Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you’re having an awesome day! How cute is this polar bear?! I was so excited to play with the new Spellbinders Chill Bear dies and couldn’t wait to get my hands on them! So let’s just get right to it with the details of the card.
To begin, I pulled out a piece of light blue cardstock from my stash and trimmed it just smaller than an A2 card. I was going for a night sky type of effect, but I didn’t want it too dark. I ink blended around the edges of the blue panel using Distress Oxide Faded Jeans, Prize Ribbon and Black Soot, and then did some white splatter using Royal Talens Amsterdam Titanium White Acrylic Ink.
While the splatter was drying, I die cut the Chill Bear from Neenah Classic Crest 110lb cardstock. I also die cut just the face with pink cardstock from my stash, as well as, black cardstock so that I could inlay those tiny pieces. I cut two additional legs and adhered those using liquid glue. I also die cut the snout and used Copic Markers C00, N0 and 110 black to color it.
I used the Spellbinders Color Block Scenic Scape dies to cut some “hills” and adhered those to the bottom of the blue panel using glue. I put foam tape on the back of the bear and adhered it atop the hills. I used the Spellbinders Holiday Sentiments Series 2 foil plates to gold foil the sentiment strip. The foiled sentiment actually says, Warm Holiday Wishes, but I trimmed off the wishes part, because I wanted to use a different wishes.
The gold wishes sentiment is from the Spellbinders Christmas Mix & Match Sentiments. I die cut the Wishes once from Spellbinders Mirror Gold cardstock and twice from Neenah 110lb and glued them all together. I adhered the sentiment strip to the panel using foam tape and adhered the wishes portion underneath using glue. While I was die cutting sentiments, I decided to die cut the scarf in gold as well. The panel was then adhered to a black panel before adhering to the card base, which is also Neenah 110lb.
That does it! I thought this card turned out super cute! I hope you enjoyed it and I hope it inspires you to get crafty! Stop by the Spellbinders website to check out all the new Christmas and holiday goodies! Have a wonderful day and don’t forget to stay awesome!
- Spellbinders Chill Bear Dies
- Spellbinders Color Block Scenic Scape Dies
- Spellbinders Holiday Sentiments Series 2 Glimmer Hot Foil Plates
- Spellbinders Gold Foil
- Spellbinders Christmas Mix & Match Sentiments
- Spellbinders Mirror Gold Cardstock
- Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System
- Spellbinders Quick Trimmer
- Distress Oxide Inks: Faded Jeans, Prize Ribbon, Black Soot
- Copic Markers: C00, N0, 110 Black
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Cardstock
- Black Cardstock
- Royal Talens Amsterdam Titanium White Acrylic Ink
- Bearly Art Glue
- 3M Foam Tape
- Blender Brushes
*Affiliate links used at no cost to you. Thank you so much for your support!
- Simon Says Stamp Leaf Spray Rainbow
- Spellbinders Give Thanks
- LDRS Creative Happy Holidays
- Spellbinders September Card Kit Inspiration
- Simon Says Stamp Fine Petals Hugs