Hey Friends! How are you doing? Thanks for joining me today for another project featuring goodies from Simon’s newest release, And Back Again! Today’s card is using a new embossing folder called Exotic Vines. Read on for all the details!
To begin, I trimmed a panel of black cardstock and placed it inside the Exotic Vines folder and ran it through my die cutting machine. Make sure to check Simon’s website for the various sandwiches to use with the different machines. That’s super helpful!
Once my panel was embossed, I began watercoloring the raised portions using my new Iuile Watercolor palette that I received as a Christmas present! What a fun set this is! Actually, all of their watercolors are amazing! Anyhoo, I did the painting using a detail water brush. Once I was done, I sat that aside to dry while I worked on the sentiment.
I used the hello die from the SSS Handlettered Greetings set and cut that from SSS Holographic cardstock. I cut it a second time from black cardstock and adhered both of those together using liquid glue.
The sentiment was then glued to the upper portion of the embossed panel, and I trimmed off the excess before adhering the panel to the card base using foam tape. I also added some black crystals for that little, extra shine!
Super simple card today, but I thoroughly enjoyed using these new colorshift watercolors. From one angle, they look like one color and from a another angle, they look like a completely different color! Super fun! I hope you’ll stop by and check out the entire And Back Again release! Have a wonderful day and don’t forget to stay awesome!
- SSS Exotic Vines Embossing Folder
- SSS Handlettered Greetings
- SSS Holographic Cardstock
- Iuile Watercolors
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Cardstock
- Black Cardstock
- Tim Holtz Water Brush
- Tim Holtz Scissors
- Studio Katia Embellishment Wand
- Studio Katia Black Onyx Jewels
- Bearly Art Glue
- 3M Foam Tape
- Gemini Jr.
* Affiliate links used at no cost to you. Thank you so much for your support!
- Simon Says Stamp Elegant Birthday
- Simon Says Stamp Painted Rainbow Birthday
- Simon Says Stamp Dreamy Daisy Birthday
- Honeycomb and Triangle Birthday
- Simon Says Stamp Black Eyed Susans Birthday
2 thoughts on “Simon Says Stamp Exotic Vines Hello”
What a beautiful card!
Thank you so much Jan! I hope you have a wonderful Monday!