Hello Friends! How are you today? I hope you’re feeling great and having a wonderful day! I’m back today with a card that I made a bit ago, but just never got around to blogging or posting it! It’s using the SSS Oh Expletive die. Can I just say that I absolutely love this die?! I just think that it’s so funny and playful! Anyhoo, let’s run through the details, shall we?
This card begins with a piece of patterned paper from The Craft Consortium’s Patina paper pad. I found this pad along with a few other beauties at my local craft store and had to snap them up right away! Anyhoo, I started by stamping the SSS Wavy Circles Background onto the paper using VersaFine Onyx Black ink and heat embossing it using Ranger Clear Embossing Powder. I repeated that process a second time to achieve a smoother finish on the embossing. Next, I trimmed the paper using PFS Diagonal Stitched Rectangles .. this is one of my favorite dies to use for decorative edges!
The next part is basically just a bunch of playing! I had no idea how it would turn out, but I just went for it anyhoo! I splattered the panel using Royal Talens Amsterdam Light Gold Acrylic Ink and Ranger Gloss Spray from Dina Wakely in Turquoise. I sat that aside to dry and worked on the sentiment, knowing that I was going to come back and add more to it. I trimmed the SSS Oh Expletive die once from polished gold cardstock and twice from black cardstock, adhering all of those together using liquid glue.
Now coming back to the panel, I used the Stampers Anonymous Stencil THS006 and added some Tacky When Dry Gel Medium. This also has to set aside to dry before proceeding. Fast forward .. once that was dry, I added some Nuvo Gold Gilding Flakes using my finger and just brushed away all of the excess. Now, I have a relatively cool mixed media-ish background!
I added the sentiment to the panel using liquid glue, and also added some SSS Reverse Sassy Birthday sub-sentiments as well using foam tape. All cards need bling in my opinion, so I added a few PFS Gold Metallic Pearls to coordinate with the gold sentiment. The panel was then adhered to a black panel using foam tape again, before being adhered to the card base, which is Neenah Classic Crest 110lb cardstock, using SSS Dot Tape Runner.
That finishes up this one! I hope you enjoyed it! I always love the look of mixed media cards, but don’t feel that I’m very good at it, so I usually never venture in that direction. It’s fun though! Thanks again for stopping by, and don’t forget to stay awesome!
- SSS Oh Expletive
- SSS Wavy Circles Background
- SSS Sentiment Strips
- SSS Dot Tape Runner
- PinkFresh Studio Diagonal Stitched Rectangles
- PinkFresh Studio Gold Metallic Pearls
- Craft Consortium Patina Paper
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Cardstock
- Tonic Studios Polished Gold Cardstock
- Black Cardstock
- VersaFiny Onyx Black Ink
- Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
- Ranger Gloss Spray: Turquoise
- Stampers Anonymous Stencil THS006
- TCW Tacky When Dry Gel Medium
- Nuvo Gold Gilding Flakes
- Royal Talens Amsterdam Light Gold Acrylic Ink (Not an affiliate link)
- Bearly Art Glue
- 3M Foam Tape
- Studio Katia Embellishment Wand
- Anti-Static Powder Tool
- Gemini Jr.
* Affiliate links used at no cost to you. Thank you so much for your support!
- Simon Says Stamp Black Eyed Susans Birthday
- Simon Says Stamp Thankful Layered Pumpkin
- Simon Says Stamp You Mean the World
- Simon Says Stamp God Loves You
- Simon Says Stamp Hello Horizon