Alex Syberia Design February Release
Hello Crafty Friends! Thanks so much for stopping by! Today, the design team is celebrating Alex’s new release with an Instagram hop, so be sure to head over there to check that out! She’s giving away a $15 gift card for her shop to three lucky commenters, so hop along for your chance to win! Let’s get into the details for my card today!
I began this project by printing the Tulip Close Up on some Neenah Classic Crest 110lb cardstock. I don’t use fancy software because I’m so not tech savvy. I just use Pages on my MacBook and resize the image to whatever size I’m looking for, and sometimes I tone down the opacity as I did for this image. That allows you to get a more no-line look, if you’re into that.
Once printed, I began coloring the image using Copic markers RV91, RV93, RV95, R56, BG93, BG96, BG99, N0 and N2. This is such a beautiful combination of pinks and reds, and definitely a go-to combo for me. When I was done coloring, I fussy cut the image and set it aside while I worked on the remainder of the card.
I’ve done a card like this before for Alex, and wanted to recreate that, so I pulled out this patterned paper, which is from the Wandering Ivy Collection from KaiserCraft and trimmed it down. For the sentiment, I decided to use the Thanks from PinkFresh Studio Fancy Script Words set. I hot foiled the sentiment using Spellbinders Champagne foil onto black cardstock and used the coordinating die set to trim that out. I did cut two more blank sentiments and adhered all of those together using liquid glue.
I applied foam tape to the tulips and adhered those to the text background, which I splattered using Royal Talens Oxide Black Acrylic Ink, trimming off any excess of the flowers. After those were on, I used the Copic markers in N0 and N2 to add shadows around the flowers. The text panel was then adhered to a black panel using SSS Dot Tape Runner, and that was then adhered to the card base. I adhered the sentiment using a combination of foam tape and liquid glue, and also added a few black jewels to finish up.
That does it for this project! I hope you enjoyed it, and I hope you’ll head over to Instagram to participate in the hop! Don’t forget to check out all of Alex’s new images over in her Etsy shop! Have a wonderful day and stay awesome!
- Alex Syberia Design Tulip Close Up Digital Stamp
- Copic Markers: RV91, RV93, RV95, R56, BG93, BG96, BG99, N0, N2
- PinkFresh Studio Fancy Script Words Hot Foil Plates
- PinkFresh Studio Fancy Script Words Dies
- Spellbinders Champagne Hot Foil
- KaiserCraft Wandering Ivy Collection
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Cardstock
- Black Cardstock
- Studio Katia Onyx Jewels
- Studio Katia Embellishment Wand
- Royal Talens Amsterdam Oxide Black Acrylic Ink
- SSS Dot Tape Runner
- Bearly Art Glue
- 3M Foam Tape
- Tim Holtz Scissors
- Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System
- Spellbinders Platinum 6
* Some affiliate links used at no cost to you. Thanks so much for your support!
- Simon Says Stamp Black Eyed Susans Birthday
- Simon Says Stamp Thankful Layered Pumpkin
- Simon Says Stamp You Mean the World
- Simon Says Stamp God Loves You
- Simon Says Stamp Hello Horizon