Hello Crafty Friends! Thanks for stopping by today to check out my project for the new July release from the awesome Alex Syberia! Lots of fun things in this release, and of course, some beautiful flowers for your coloring pleasure! To celebrate Alex’s new release, we are having a super fun Instagram Hop, with a chance to win a $20 gift certificate for her shop! You can check out her Instagram or my Instagram for all the details! For today’s project, I’m featuring the Coloring Therapy A2 Panel, so let’s get started!
I began by printing the image on Neenah Classic Crest 110lb cardstock. When I printed the image, I did adjust the opacity down to about 30%. By doing this, you can get somewhat of a no-line look, especially when watercoloring. I then got busy coloring. I started with the purples, and thought that I was going to color the whole thing purple to resemble grapes, but then decided that it might be cool to do rainbow colors instead.
The Copic Markers that I used were BV000, BV00, BV01, BV02, BV04, BV23, BV29, Y00, Y06, Y08, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17, RV00, RV02, RV11, RV32, R85, YR23, YR24, YG11, YG13, YG17, BG000, BG01 and BG02. Goodness gracious, that’s a lot of markers, right!?!? Anyhoo, once everything was colored, I used the PinkFresh Studio Diagonal Stitched Rectangles to trim the panel.
I also used a Copic Multiliner 0.3 to add back the black dots on the “berries” as they got lost during the coloring process. I opted for a Thanks sentiment using the Concord and 9th Scripted Thanks die cut. I cut it three times from black cardstock and adhered those together using liquid glue. I also cut the SSS Etched Dragonfly from black cardstock.
I adhered the sentiment and the dragonfly to the colored panel using glue, and adhered the panel to my card base, which is also Neenah 110lb, using foam tape for dimension. To finish up the project, I added some Soft Snowfall Pearls from Little Things from Lucy’s Cards. I thought the softness of them added a nice little touch!
I hope you enjoyed this project, and I hope you found some inspiration to get crafty in your space! Head on over to Alex’s Etsy shop to check out the full release! You don’t want to miss it. Stay awesome sweet friend!
- Alex Syberia Design Coloring Therapy A2 Panel
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Cardstock
- Black Cardstock
- Copic Markers: BV000, BV00, BV01, BV02, BV04, BV23, BV29, Y00, Y06, Y08, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17, RV00, RV02, RV11, RV32, R85, YR23, YR24, YG11, YG13, YG17, BG000, BG01, BG02
- Copic Multiliner 0.3
- Concord and 9th Scripted Thanks (This die is from the C9 Summer Camp kit, and I was unable to find it for purchase)
- SSS Etched Dragonfly
- PinkFresh Studio Stitched Rectangles
- Little Things from Lucy’s Cards Pearl Soft Snowball
- Craft Tacky Glue
- 3M Foam Tape
- Marvy Jewel Picker
- Brother Printer
- Gemini Jr.
*Affiliate links used at no cost to you. Thank you so much for your support!
- Simon Says Stamp You Make Me smile
- Simon Says Stamp Hello Sunshine
- Pinkfresh studio great friend
- Simon Says Stamp Floral Friends
- Simon Says Stamp Sunburst Sentiments