Hey there and welcome back! Who needs a beach day? Who needs to dig their toes in the sand? That sounds pretty awesome to me, to be honest! Whilst dreaming of the beach, I used the new Seas and Greetings stamp set from the latest Simon Says Stamp release, Rainbows.
As soon as I saw this set, I knew that I wanted a torn edge background to mimic the water and sand, so that’s exactly what I did! But before all of that, I needed to get my beach elements ready. I went ahead and stamped the chair, umbrella, ball, lobster and starfish using VersaFine Onyx Black Ink and heat embossed those using Ranger Clear Embossing Powder. I colored them all with Copic Markers B23, B26, R37, R46, YG13, YG17, E71, E74, E79, Y08, Y11, Y15, YR000, YR01, YR21, YR23, YR24, RV10, RV11, and RV29. Once all the coloring was finished, I fussy cut all of them out.
Moving onto my background, I cut a panel of Neenah Classic Crest 80lb cardstock and pulled out some blues, as well as some kraft cardstock. I’m pretty sure some of these blues are from Concord and 9th, and the other is from Simon. Anyhoo, I began tearing my papers and arranging them to get a good background. I adhered these strips to the panel of 80lb cardstock using Craft Tacky Glue.
I then popped that panel back into the Misti, stamped the sentiment using VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it using Simon Detail White Embossing Powder. Next, I adhered all of my beach elements using 3M Foam Tape, and then adhered that to my card base, which is Neenah Classic Crest 110lb cardstock.
That wraps up this cute beach scene card! I hope you enjoyed it, and I hope it inspires you to get crafty! Thanks for stopping by today, and don’t forget to check out the full Rainbows release from Simon Says Stamp!
Stay awesome crafty friends!
- SSS Seas and Greetings Stamp Set, Coordinating Die, Stamp and Die Set
- SSS Detail White Embossing Powder
- Copic Markers: B23, B26, R37, R46, YG13, YG17, E71, E74, E79, Y08, Y11, Y15, YR000, YR01, YR21, YR23, YR24, RV10, RV11, RV29
- Neenah Classic Crest 80lb Cardstock
- Neenah Classic Crest 110lb Cardstock
- Concord and 9th Cardstock
- SSS Blue Cardstock
- Kraft Cardstock
- Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
- VersaMark Ink
- VersaFine Onyx Black Ink
- Craft Tacky Glue
- Anti-Static Powder Tool
- 3M Foam Tape
- Tim Holtz Scissors
*Affiliate links used at no cost to you. Thank you so much for your support!
- Simon Says Stamp You Still Give Me Butterflies
- Simon Says Stamp Hello Friend Snowflakes
- Simon Says Stamp Exotic Vines Hello
- Simon Says Stamp Love Greetings
- Simon Says Stamp Piece of My Heart