Hello Crafty Friends and happy Friday! I’m participating in an awesome Instagram Hop today to celebrate Simon’s latest release, Happy and Joyful! Be sure to stop over there and comment along the hop for your chance to win a $25 gift card to Simon Says Stamp! Today’s project is featuring the new Lined Background stamp, so let’s run through the details!
I began this project by stamping the Lined Background stamp onto a panel of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb cardstock using SSS Pawsitively Saturated Inks in Peony, Sunbeam and Surf. I applied the first ink to the stamp and softened the edges of the ink using a blender brush, and stamped it on the panel. I cleaned the stamp and moved on to the next color, softening those edges as well. By using just those three colors and allowing them to blend through the stamping, it rounded out the rainbow effect.
Once the rainbow panel was complete, I trimmed it out using the PinkFresh Studio Diagonal Stitched Rectangle. I also used the smaller set of the rectangles to create this black frame. I stamped the sentiment, which is from the SSS Spring In My Step set, onto black cardstock using VersaMark Ink and heat set that using SSS Detail White Embossing Powder. I then used the coordinating die to cut it out. I used the die to cut two more blank sentiments and adhered all of those together using liquid glue.
To assemble the card, I glued the black frame to the rainbow panel and adhered the sentiment in the bottom corner using foam tape. The panel was then adhered to a black panel using foam tape again. Yes, lots of dimension!
That finishes it up! I hope you enjoyed it and I hope it inspires you to get crafty! There’s lots of inspiration over on the Instagram Hop, so be sure to check that out and comment along the hop for your chance to win a Simon gift card! Have a wonderful day and don’t forget to stay awesome!
- SSS Lined Background Stamp
- SSS Spring In My Step Stamp, Die, Bundle
- SSS Pawsitively Saturated Ink: Peony, Sunbeam, Surf
- SSS Detail White Embossing Powder
- SSS Blender Brushes
- SSS Dot Tape Runner
- SSS Triangle Trays
- PinkFresh Studio Diagonal Stitched Rectangles
- VersaMark Ink
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Cardstock
- Black Cardstock
- Studio Katia Onyx Black Jewels
- Studio Katia Embellishment Wand
- Bearly Art Glue
- 3M Foam Tape
- Anti-Static Powder Tool
- Gemini Jr.
* Affiliate links used at no cost to you. Thanks so much for your support!
- Simon Says Stamp Black Eyed Susans Birthday
- Simon Says Stamp Thankful Layered Pumpkin
- Simon Says Stamp You Mean the World
- Simon Says Stamp God Loves You
- Simon Says Stamp Hello Horizon