Hello! Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you’re having a wonderful day so far! I’m back with another card featuring goodies from the latest Simon release, Yay You! If you know me, you know that I love stand-alone die cut sentiments, and today’s card is featuring just that! The new You Did It die cut! So, let’s go through the deets for this one!
I wanted a super simple card so that the sentiment would stand out and be the focal point, so I rummaged through my background box and found an alcohol ink background that I thought would be perfect. This particular background is using glossy cardstock along with Ranger Deception Alcohol Pearl Ink.
Once I decided on a background, I used the PinkFresh Studio Diagonal Stitched Rectangles to trim it down and give it a little interest along the edges. I also splattered the panel with Liquitex Iridescent Bright Silver Acrylic Ink.
I die cut the SSS You Did It once from SSS Matte Silver cardstock and twice from black cardstock and adhered those together using liquid glue, but offsetting them just slightly to create a shadow effect. As I always say, every card seems to need leaves and this one was no exception. I used the SSS Etched Meadow Flower and Leaves to cut a few leaves from black cardstock, as well as Neenah Classic Crest 110lb cardstock.
I trimmed the leaves down and adhered them underneath the sentiment using liquid glue, and adhered the sentiment with glue as well. I also had to add some PinkFresh Studio Silver Metallic Pearls for some added bling and interest. The alcohol panel was adhered to a black panel using foam tape and then to the card base using SSS Dot Tape Runner.
That does it for this one! Alcohol ink backgrounds are great, because I feel like you really only need a good sentiment and some small design elements to make a gorgeous card. Thanks again for stopping by! Have a great one and don’t forget to stay awesome!
- SSS You Did It
- SSS Etched Meadow Flower and Leaves
- SSS Matte Silver Cardstock
- SSS Dot Tape Runner
- SSS Triangle Trays
- Ranger Deception Alcohol Pearl Ink
- PinkFresh Studio Diagonal Stitched Rectangles
- PinkFresh Studio Silver Metallic Pearls
- Liquitex Iridescent Bright Silver Acrylic Ink (Not an affiliate)
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Cardstock
- Glossy Cardstock
- Black Cardstock
- Bearly Art Glue
- 3M Foam Tape
- Tim Holtz Air Blower
- Tim Holtz Blending Solution
- Tim Holtz Scissors
- Studio Katia Embellishment Wand
- Gemini Jr.
* Affiliate links used at no cost to you. Thanks so much for your support!
- Simon Says Stamp Black Eyed Susans Birthday
- Simon Says Stamp Thankful Layered Pumpkin
- Simon Says Stamp You Mean the World
- Simon Says Stamp God Loves You
- Simon Says Stamp Hello Horizon