Hello Friend and thanks for stopping by! For today’s project, I’m featuring the Chill Bear and the Color Block Scenic Scape dies from the July releases from Spellbinders. There are so many beautiful and adorable Christmas and holiday things to choose from! I had a lot of fun playing with the Chill Bear, so let’s get into the details!
I began by cutting the Chill Bear and a bunch of “hills” using the Color Block Scenic Scape dies from Neenah Classic Crest 110lb cardstock. For the bear, I did cut two additional legs and I cut the face from pink and black cardstock so that I could inlay those pieces. I cut the snout and colored that using Copic Markers C00, N0 and 110 Black. I also cut some of the included trees from green cardstock. I smeared the trees with Tacky When Dry Gel Medium and set those aside to dry.
I cut a panel of Neenah Classic Crest 80lb cardstock just smaller than an A2 card, because I needed something to glue the “hills” to. I began adhering the hills to the panel using liquid glue, leaving the tops of the panels unglued so that I could tuck the trees inside. Once the trees were dry, I sprinkled some Crystal Glitter over them to give just a little bit of sparkle.
For the sentiment, I cut the Winter Wishes, which is from the Spellbinders Christmas Mix & Match Sentiments, once from Spellbinders Gold Mirror cardstock and twice from Neenah 110lb and glued all of those together. For the last bit of die cutting, I went ahead and cut the scarf from red cardstock and glued that to the bear.
I had to play around with the placement of the trees, the sentiment and the bear, but once decided, I adhered the bear to the panel using foam tape. I tucked the trees into the hills and glued the sentiment to the panel. Once all of that was done, I grabbed the Spellbinders Layered Christmas Tree Stencil and strategically placed some snow, using Gina K Iridescent Glitz Glitter Gel.
To finish up, I adhered the panel to a red cardstock panel using foam tape and that was then adhered to the card base, which is also Neenah 110lb. I hope you enjoyed this project, and I hope it inspires you to get crafty! Don’t forget to stay awesome!
- Spellbinders Chill Bear Dies
- Spellbinders Color Block Scenic Scape Dies
- Spellbinders Christmas Mix & Match Sentiments
- Spellbinders Layered Christmas Tree Stencil
- Spellbinders Mirror Gold Cardstock
- Spellbinders Cranberry Bliss Cardstock
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lb Cardstock
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Cardstock
- Copic Markers: C00, N0, 110 Black
- Gina K Iridescent Glitz Glitter Gel
- Crafter’s Workshop Tacky When Dry Gel Medium
- Foam Tape
- Crystal Glitter
- Bearly Art Glue
*Affiliate links used at no cost to you. Thank you so much for your support!
- Simon Says Stamp Black Eyed Susans Birthday
- Simon Says Stamp Thankful Layered Pumpkin
- Simon Says Stamp You Mean the World
- Simon Says Stamp God Loves You
- Simon Says Stamp Hello Horizon