Hello! Hello! Thanks for stopping by today! I’m featuring a new background stamp from the latest Simon release, Peace on Earth. I always love Simon background stamps, and was super excited to find one in my release goodies! Let’s go through the deets for today’s project!
To begin my project, I stamped the new Star to Star Background on a panel of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb cardstock using VersaFine Onyx Black Ink and heat embossed it using Ranger Clear Embossing Powder. I then trimmed a panel out using the PinkFresh Studio Diagonal Stitched Rectangles.
My next step was to add some sparkle, so I used the SSS Fading Stars Stencil to add some some Gina K Iridescent Glitz Glitter Gel. The stencil didn’t quite fit the stars on the panel, so I just centered the stencil over some of the stars to add sparkle. It’s just enough to add a little bit of texture and interest.
I used the SSS Mini Stars Party Die to cut stars from various rainbow cardstocks from my stash. While I was die cutting, I went ahead and cut the SSS You Shine Die once from black cardstock and once from SSS Holographic cardstock, adhering those together with liquid glue.
I adhered the sentiment towards the bottom right and arranged the rainbow stars in a cascading fashion using a combination of glue and foam tape. The panel was then adhered to a black panel using foam tape again, and then to the card base, which is Neenah 110lb.
A simple card today, but I like how it turned out. I had the idea of cascading stars, but when I was laying things out, it was missing something, and that bit of glitter gel did just the trick! I hope you have a wonderful day, and don’t forget to check out the entire Peace on Earth release!
- SSS Star to Star Background Stamp
- SSS Mini Stars Party Die
- SSS You Shine Die
- SSS Fading Stars Stencil
- SSS Holographic Cardstock
- Gina K Glitz Glitter Gel Iridescent
- PinkFresh Studio Diagonal Stitched Rectangles
- VersaFine Onyx Black Ink
- Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Cardstock
- Black Cardstock
- Anti-Static Powder Tool
- Studio Katia Embellishment Wand
- Bearly Art Glue
- 3M Foam Tape
- Gemini Jr.
* Affiliate links used at no cost to you. Thank you so much for your support!
- Simon Says Stamp Black Eyed Susans Birthday
- Simon Says Stamp Thankful Layered Pumpkin
- Simon Says Stamp You Mean the World
- Simon Says Stamp God Loves You
- Simon Says Stamp Hello Horizon