Hello Crafty Friends! It’s time for another awesome Simon Says Stamp release, Peace on Earth! For today’s post, I’m featuring the new Laurel Leaves Background Plate, and let me just say, this is a beautiful plate! So let’s get right into the details.
I began this project by die cutting the SSS Laurel Leaves Background Plate once from Neenah Classic Crest 110lb cardstock and once from a navy cardstock that I had in my stash. I adhered those together using liquid glue, off-setting the blue top layer slightly. I then trimmed off the excess white underneath from the off-set.
I remembered that I had some snowy patterned paper left over from a winter SSS Card Kit, so I went through those to find it. The background paper is from Whimsy Stamps Blurry Flurries paper set. I adhered the laurel leaves to the patterned paper using glue again.
After looking at the panels, I decided that it would be super beautiful if I added some “snow” to the leaves, so I did just that! I added a little bit of liquid glue to the leaves and sprinkled Ranger Distress Mica Flakes on them. And I just love the way it looks! I guess it looks more icy than snowy, but I love it just the same!
For the sentiment, I pulled out the SSS Clean Line Christmas stamp set and stamped both sentiments using Distress Oxide Blueprint Sketch. I then cleaned the stamps and re-inked them using VersaMark Ink and then heat embossed them using Ranger Clear Embossing Powder. I used the SSS Clean Line Christmas Dies to trim out the Peace sentiment and trimmed down the sub-sentiment using the paper trimmer. Those were then adhered using foam tape. Everything was then adhered to the card base, which is Neenah 110lb.
That does it for this project! I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you’ve checked out the entire Peace on Earth release! So many great things in this release! Thanks so much for stopping by, have a wonderful day, and don’t forget to stay awesome!
- SSS Laurel Leaves Background Plate
- SSS Clean Line Christmas Stamp Set, Coordinating Die Set
- Distress Oxide Blueprint Sketch
- VersaMark Ink
- Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
- Ranger Distress Mica Flakes
- Whimsy Stamps Blurry Flurries Paper
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Cardstock
- Bearly Art Glue
- 3M Foam Tape
- Anti Static Powder Tool
- Tim Holtz Scissors
- Gemini Jr.
* Affiliate links used at no cost to you. Thank you so much for your support!
- Simon Says Stamp Black Eyed Susans Birthday
- Simon Says Stamp Thankful Layered Pumpkin
- Simon Says Stamp You Mean the World
- Simon Says Stamp God Loves You
- Simon Says Stamp Hello Horizon