Hello, Hello, Lovelies! How’s it going? Have you checked out the new Simon Says Stamp release, Handmade Holiday, yet? What are your favorites? What have you ordered? Inquiring minds want to know! For today’s project, I’m featuring the new Night Before Christmas Stamp. This is a pull apart stamp, and is so much fun to work with! I’m going to have to consider getting some of their other pull apart stamps for sure! Anyhoo, let’s get to the details.
I began by trimming a panel of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb cardstock down to just smaller than a 5×7 card panel, and began ink blending using Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire, Villainous Potion and Black Soot. Once that was all blended, I splattered the panel with Liquitex Iridescent Bright Silver Acrylic Ink. I also sprayed a mixture of water and iridescent Pearl Ex over the panel for some shimmer.
Once that was dry completely, I popped it in the Misti and stamped the sleigh portion of the stamp using VersaFine Onyx Black Ink and heat embossed it using Ranger Clear Embossing Powder. I repeated that process again, but stamping in VersaMark for the second time. I do this because it’s less visible if it stamps even the slightest bit off due to paper warping from the heat. By heat embossing it twice, it gave the black a much smoother finish.
I decided on the Merry Christmas sentiment from the SSS Clean Line Christmas stamp set for this card. I stamped the image on Neenah 110lb using the same ink and embossing powder as before, and used the coordinating die to trim it out. I trimmed it again and glued those together. This was adhered to my card panel using liquid glue. After looking at the panel, I decided that it was missing something. Don’t you just hate that?! Because then you have to figure out what it’s missing!
I finally settled on adding some stars to the background, so I used the SSS Mini Stars Party die to cut those from glitter cardstock in the various sizes. The larger stars were adhered using foam tape, while the smaller stars were adhered using glue. Everything was then adhered to a black cardstock panel before being adhered to my card base, which I splattered with some Chipped Sapphire Distress Spray Stain for some added interest.
That finishes up this project! I hope you enjoyed it and I hope it inspires you to get crafty! Which Simon pull apart stamps have you tried? Head on over to Simon to check out the entire Handmade Holiday release! Have a fabulous day and stay awesome!
- SSS Night Before Christmas Stamp
- SSS Clean Line Christmas Stamp, Die
- SSS Mini Stars Party Die
- Distress Oxide Ink: Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire, Villainous Potion, Black Soot
- Distress Spray Stain Chipped Sapphire
- VersaFine Onyx Black Ink
- VersaMark Ink
- Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
- The Stamp Market Diamond Glitter Cardstock
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Cardstock
- Black Cardstock
- Liquitex Iridescent Bright Silver Acrylic Ink
- Pearl Ex
- Bearly Art Glue
- 3M Foam Tape
- Studio Katia Embellishment Wand
- Anti-Static Powder Tool
- Gemini Jr.
* Some affiliate links used at no cost to you. Thanks so much for your support!
- Spellbinders Sweet Sayings Hello
- Simon Says Stamp Joyful Wreath
- Spellbinders Floral Happy Birthday
- Simon Says Stamp Silent Night Birch Trees
- Simon Says Stamp Starry Night Before Christmas