Hello Craft Friends and thanks so much for stopping by today! The newest Simon Says Stamp release, Hello Gorgeous is live, and it’s a gorgeous one! I’m featuring the new Tattered Leaves die for today’s project, so let’s go through the details, shall we?
To begin this project, I did some ink blending on some panels of Neenah Classic Crest 110lb cardstock using SSS Pawsitively Saturated Inks in Carnation, Cantalope, Lemonade, Sprout, Seafoam and Marine. Once I was done ink blending, I ran those through using the SSS Tattered Leaves die. I set those aside while I worked on the remainder of the card.
For my background panel, I decided to use the SSS Geometric Lattice Embossing Folder. I thought that would give some interest and texture without distracting from the focal point of the card. I chose the “a little note” sentiment, which is from the SSS Just Because Word Mix 2 set. I stamped the sentiment using VersaFine Onyx Black ink on a scrap of Neenah 110lb, and heat embossed it using Ranger Clear Embossing Powder. I went ahead and used the coordinating die to trim that out. For some added interest, I added a pink heart to the sentiment, which is from a Doodlebug Design sticker set.
To assemble the card, I held the sentiment atop the embossed panel while placing the leaves in rainbow order around it, tucking the ends underneath. I secured the leaves using liquid glue, and adhered the sentiment using foam tape. I did trim the leaves down some so that there wasn’t so much bulk underneath the sentiment. Once everything was secured, I added in some of the trimmed off leaves to fill in.
I adhered the embossed panel to a black panel using a SSS Dot Tape Runner and then adhered that to my card base. No card is complete without some bling, so I added some Studio Katia Majestic Confetti here and there!
That does it for this project! I hope you enjoyed it and I hope it inspires you to get crafty! Be sure to check out the entire Hello Gorgeous release, and let me know your favorites! Have a wonderful day and don’t forget to stay awesome!
- SSS Tattered Leaves
- SSS Just Because Word Mix 2 Stamp, Die, Bundle
- SSS Geometric Lattice Embossing Folder
- SSS Pawsitively Saturated Ink: Carnation, Cantalope, Lemonade, Sprout, Seafoam, Marine
- SSS Blender Brushes
- SSS Dot Tape Runner
- VersaFine Onyx Black Ink
- Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Cardstock
- Black Cardstock
- Doodlebug Design Sticker Set
- Studio Katia Majestic Confetti
- Studio Katia Embellishment Wand
- Bearly Art Glue
- 3M Foam Tape
- Anti-Static Powder Tool
- Tim Hotz Scissors
- Gemini Jr.
* Affiliate links used at no cost to you. Thank you so much for your support!
- Simon Says Stamp Elegant Birthday
- Simon Says Stamp Painted Rainbow Birthday
- Simon Says Stamp Dreamy Daisy Birthday
- Honeycomb and Triangle Birthday
- Simon Says Stamp Black Eyed Susans Birthday
2 thoughts on “Simon Says Stamp Leafy Little Note”
Love the softness of those blended sprigs!
Thanks Girlie! You da bestest!